Spectacular Spider-Man #180; J.M. DeMatteis & Sal Buscema
Some time ago, I wrote a post reflecting Norman and Harry’s relationship as father and son, and promised to do a follow-up regarding Harry as a father. This is that post, and I’m sorry it didn’t come sooner!
Harry’s fatherhood was intended to be a foil to Norman’s, as where Norman was cold and neglectful, Harry doted and cherished loved onto his son, Norman Jr. (or “Normie”). The bulk of this post will be devoted to Harry and Normie, in part because their relationship has been regretfully devalued in recent canon (“Sometimes I can go weeks without even thinking of [Normie]”, quote Harry in Amazing Spider-Man #647), and in part because it’s their relationship that has the most textual substantiation. That said, there will be room and time devoted to Stanley Osborn as well.
This post, while not explicitly about Norman, discusses Norman’s affect on Harry’s parenting quite extensively so if you are interested you might find it worth a read. Also the sequel to this post I made.
- thegirlinthementalhospital likes this
- sarah531 reblogged this from fuckyeahharryosborn and added:
- spider-xan likes this
- xanthophiliac likes this
- i-wakeupstrange likes this
- wondygirl reblogged this from fuckyeahharryosborn and added:
- fuckyeahnormanosborn reblogged this from fuckyeahharryosborn and added:
- ronchronchronch likes this
- skalja reblogged this from fuckyeahharryosborn
- meet-moi-halfway likes this
- osbombing reblogged this from fuckyeahharryosborn
- fuckyeahharryosborn posted this